Monday, December 22, 2008

i make impressions wherever i am...

"I AM VERY CAPABLE OF FORMING AND MAINTAINING RARE AND EXQUISITE FRIENDSHIPS, INASMUCH AS I GRASP SO HUNGRILY AT ANY ACQUAINTANCES THAT SUIT MY TASTE, I MAKE ADVANCES AND I THROW MYSELF AT THEM SO AVIDLY, THAT I HARDLY FAIL TO ATTACH AND TO MAKE AN IMPRESSION WHEREVER I LAND. I HAVE OFTEN MADE HAPPY PROOF OF THIS. IN ORDINARY FRIENDSHIPS I AM SOMEWHAT BARREN AND COOL, FOR MY PACE IS NOT NATURAL IF IT IS NOT UNDER FULL SAIL." -Montaigne

i have never found a writer that distills my brain any better than montaigne...despite how formal his writings are they are quite immediate, the effect on me...you know what i mean?

how many of you show a fraction of yourself or spend most of your time bluffing?...i cannot...if i decide i wanna get to know you i'm coming full on, why hold back?..life is too short ...i'm the one that will probably get too excited, i'll make one joke too many, i'll flash everybody at the wrong time, i'll randomnly wander alone to some new place or my favorite, to leave my world and completely invade someone else's...when was the last time you let someone in your world?

No comments:

Post a Comment